Students must be made aware of the following school bus safety procedures.
A. Meeting the Bus
1. Be at your stop five minutes prior to loading bus.
2. Take the safest route to assigned bus stop and wait in a safe place.
3. Wear bright clothes if there is snow, rain, or fog.
B. Boarding the Bus
1. If you must cross the highway to board your bus, cross at least 10 feet in front of your bus, NEVER BEHIND IT.
2. Enter in an orderly fashion and let younger children enter the bus first.
3. Go directly to a seat and remain seated while the bus is in motion.
C. Guidelines for Conduct on the Bus
1. Be quiet at railroad crossings so the bus driver can hear railroad warning signals.
2. DO NOT talk to the bus driver while bus is in motion except in an emergency.
3. DO NOT throw paper or other litter on the bus floor.
D. Leaving the Bus
1. Pupils must remain seated until the bus comes to a full stop.
2. Pupils are to leave the bus in an orderly manner allowing pupils in the front seats to depart first.
3. Pupils must not loiter around the bus.
4. Pupils must leave the bus at their regular stop.
5. If pupils must cross a highway, they are to do so only at the front of the bus and at a distance of at least 10 feet in front of the bus. They must not cross until the bus driver has signaled that it is safe to do so.