April 4, 2018
Action after Closed Meeting:
- Acknowledged the resignation of Kim Smith, BCHS Food Service Manager, and authorized the superintendent to fill the position.
- Accepted the retirement request of Keith Lindsay, VES Physical Education teacher, effective at the end of the year.
- Approved the appointment of Steve Gardener as boys soccer volunteer coach.
- Approved the appointment of Leo Priddy as girls soccer volunteer coach.
- Approved the appointment of Elizabeth Carrington Robertson as a substitute teacher.
Approved Consent Agenda including:
- Minutes – March 6, 2018 Regular Meeting and March 12, 2018 Called Meeting/Budget Work Session
- Claims – March 2018 General School and Food Service Funds
- Reports – Attendance, Cafeteria, Maintenance & Transportation Reports
Approved the following overnight field trips as presented:
- KidWind National Championship (VES/BCHS) May 7-11, 2018, Chicago, IL
- National BETA Conference (BCHS), June 16-22, 2018, Savannah, GA
- 2018 Band Camp (BCHS), July 22-26, 2018, Grace Bible Camp, Goshen, VA
- Approved the 2nd reading of VSBA policies AA, AC, AD, CBD, CBG, EA, EB, EBCB, EC, EEAB, GCB, GCBB, GCL, GCN, GCPB, GDQ, IGBE, IIAE, IIBD, IKF, LC-E, and LI.
- Approved submission of the 2018-19 Perkins Plan for Career & Technical Education.
- Authorized the superintendent to request an appropriation in the amount of $47,894.43 into Maintenance category.